Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Aaaahhhh! Vacation!

Preston and I were blessed with the opportunity to have a vacation for ourselves. My Aunt Jo and Uncle Randy in Colorado went on a 2 week Alaskan tour/cruise and wanted someone to dog and house sit while away. Kristin went for the first week, then we went and covered the second week. Preston hadn't ever been to Colorado and seen the mountains out there so this was a very exciting trip. We did all kinds of things which I will try to show w/ pictures. Things we did not get in pictures include the Denver Mint, shopping (what trip is complete w/o that?), Buffalo Bill's museum and grave, and Water World waterpark. At the waterpark we spent most time in the lazy river and wave pool, but I did find 3 water slides I was able to go down comfortably being nearly 8 mos pregnant. Actually, I didn't see any other pregnant women there, lots with little babies though. These pictures aren't really in any kind of order so I tried to label them briefly. The trip was awesome. Preston decided the Colorado is a new favorite vacation spot.

Mt. Evans behind us. We had a wonderful time getting to spend the day with them and catching up.


Mountain goats at Mt. Evans that my uncle took with his mega zoom camera lens. They were just shedding their coats in time to have to grow them out again. The fisrt snow could happen about anytime they said.




This was a restaraunt at the top of Mt. Evans and was at one time the higest structure in the world. It burnt down in 1979. My mom said she ate there once. Pretty cool.


We got to spend the last day with my aunt and uncle after their return from Alaska. They took us to Mt. Evans (14,200 ft elevation). My Uncle Randy is the one in the background behind us with the mega zoom camera and the green jacket. He took and sent us several great pictures for us from this day. My Aunt Jo is the one in the black jacket and pink pants. We were looking for mountian goats up there, which according to my aunt and uncle you can find most of the time when you visit there.






At Casa Bonita mexican restaraunt in Denver. They have an indoor waterfall and put on a show while you eat. The guy is the "cliff diver" that dives 30ft(?) below into the waterfall pool. He jumped right off in front of the table next to us.



The only elk we saw on the whole trip. Someones front yard in Estes Park.


Sightseeing Vail in the summer. There wasn't anyone around to take our picture and we left our tripod in the car so the picture of us is a split screen (hence one side being lighter than the other).



Golden, CO, Driving up Lookout Mountain to Buffalo Bill's grave/museum, and a sign Preston want to hang in the youth room at church.




Coors Field for a Rockies games.




Loveland Pass and the Continental Divide



Preston with the dogs on the Riverwalk in Estes, big slides my siblings and I went to when we visited my aunt and uncle at the YMCA of the Rockies growing up, Locals Grill we ate at in Estes, and a mountain view from the top of the YMCA Camp.





The dog park in Estes where we took Hoot (the golden) and Charlie (the beagle).


Estes Park



Red Rocks Park and Ampitheater

2 comments:

becky said...

It looks like you guys had a good time and you look great! How's the little one doing??

Anonymous said...

I hope you had fun. My sister & niece live out there. Hey Kami are you on facebook?